Take a look at these 13 items to get your house and garden in good shape. While the weather is getting warmer we’re all drawn outside to get busy cleaning out the weeds and fertilizing the garden beds. In the meantime there’s plenty to do inside the house to get it ready for summer.
So now’s a good time to inspect and clean up your house, both inside and out. But take it one step at a time and you’ll be finished well before Memorial Day at the end of the month. It involves looking for damage from the winter weather and freshening up the interior and uncluttering. Weather permitting, you’ll be able to get out in the yard and get busy.
- Tune up portable and central air conditioners
- Clean and tune up ceiling, exhaust and bath fans to maximize air flow
- Unclutter clothes closet and sort and store seasonal clothes
- Wash window glass, frames and sill and lean out weep-holes in window sliders
- Wash and change storm door and window panels to screens
- Wash window curtains and blinds
- Clean deck and protect with sealer
- Inspect driveway and walkways for winter damage
- Clear outdoor vent of lint build up in clothes dryer
- Clean and set up outdoor furniture, cushions and lawn equipment
- Rake lawn and garden beds to remove winter debris
- Prepare garden beds and plant containers with fertilizer and plantings
- Fill in bare spots of lawn with grass seed
Visit us at www.diyornot.com to find the cost of home fixups projects like these and compare doing it yourself with hiring out the job.