Here are 11 checkups and inspections to make your home and property work better and more efficiently in August. These are mainly cleanup and checkups, so nothing major heavy duty or extensive.
- Replace air conditioner filter
- Inspect for open joints around windows and caulk
- Inspect for gaps around doors and thresholds and weatherstrip
- Vacume coils of refrigerator condenser
- Turn mattresses and upholstered furniture cushions
- Sharpen blades of garbage disposer with ice cubes and refreshen with lemon
- Clean pet area and accessories
- Make calls to have furnace tune up and heating ducts cleaned
- Flush whirlpool pump to remove bacteria and mineral build-up
- Sharpen lawn mower blade
- Maintain lawn and garden beds by watering, mowing and weeding
Click on these Related Job Costs to compare doing it yourself with hiring out the work.
For hundreds of home improvement and repair job costs visit www.diyornot.com.