After all the holiday decorations are packed away and stored for another year and your home life schedule gets back to normal, your home probably seems empty like ours does when all things red and green are removed. It’s a good time to pay attention to your home and take a little time to assure that all its systems are clean and functioning in proper order. These 10 items are inspections and basic cleaning jobs to make sure all systems are working.
- Replace filters or wash permanent ones in heating system
- Check for leaks in forced air heat duct joints and seal with duct tape
- Look for indoor condensation on windows and cure
- Vacuum coils of refrigerator condenser
- Check refrigerator door seal for airtightness by closing it on a dollar bill half in and half out. If it pulls out easily the hinge may need adjusting or the seal may need to be replaced
- Inspect and clean the spray arm and strainer of dishwasher and flush with vinegar
- Unclutter the utility closet and reorganize
- Inspect air leaks in electrical outlets and install foam gaskets to seal them
- Label the electrical outlets in the power circuit panel
- Compile product warranties
If you’re considering any home repair and improvements in the coming year, visit us at www.diyornot.com to compare the cost of hundreds of project whether you do it yourself or hire a contractor.
This entry was posted in January Home Checklist
. Bookmark the permalink