- Kids may be back in school but homeowners get no recess from maintaining their property. Review this list of 10 chores below. They are basic inspections and routines to follow, but no homework is required. Walk around the house inside and make these basic inspections and replacements.
Colder temperatures may not be too far in the distance so prepare for it now. Take the necessary steps to keep the landscape thriving and manageable as cooler air sweeps in. No matter where you live north – south – east – west, it’s important to prepare for a change in the weather.
- Clean rugs and rotate for even wear
- Inspect door and window hardware and mechanisms
- Check fire extinguisher
- Lubricate, test and clean sump pump in basement or crawl space
- Lay in supply of firewood
- Clear outdoor vent of lint build up in clothes dryer
- Vacuum and clean baseboard heaters, returns and grates
- Trim shrubbery away from siding
- Maintain lawn and garden beds by watering, mowing and weeding
Visit us at www.diyornot.com to find the cost of hundreds of home improvement projects.