This is a busy time of year with graduations, family events and change of season chores, but use this list of 10 items – basically cleaning, maintaining and inspecting – to get off to a good summer of enjoying your home.
Some of these items are quickies, like giving the well-used garbage cans a good washing or replacing an AC filter. Others take a little time, like power washing the siding and cleaning out the garage. All the chores will keep your home and all its systems running smooth and efficiently throughout the season.
* Replace air conditioner filter
* Clean out and organize the basement
* Wash bedspreads and blankets
* Clean garbage cans
* Inspect electrical cords and plugs for signs of wear
* Check the color of the flame on gas water heater and range
* Inspect exterior exposed pipes for leaks and corrosion
* Clean dirty or mildew-covered siding and deck with a power washer
* Inspect and tune up garage door and opener mechanism and rubber seal gasket on bottom of the door
* Maintain lawn and garden beds by watering, mowing and weeding
Visit us at www.diyornot.com to find the cost of hundreds of home improvement jobs and compare doing it yourself with hiring a pro.