When 2015 rolls around this week, ring in the new year with sound practices and resolutions to maintain and care for your home throughout the year. Use these suggestions for inspection items and maintenance tasks to keep your house and all its systems working at their peak performance. Use this list of 10 items and start the new year with good intentions.
- Replace filters or wash permanent ones in heating system
- Check for leaks in forced air heat duct joints and seal with duct tape
- Look for indoor condensation on windows and cure
- Vacuum coils of refrigerator condenser
- Check refrigerator door seal for airtightness by closing it on a dollar bill half in and half out. If it pulls out easily the hinge may need adjusting or the seal may need to be replaced
- Inspect and clean the spray arm and strainer of dishwasher and flush with vinegar
- Unclutter the utility closet and reorganize
- Inspect air leaks in electrical outlets and install foam gaskets to seal them
- Label the electrical outlets in the power circuit panel
- Compile product warranties
Visit us to find the cost of hundreds of home improvement projects at Do It Yourself or Not.