With trick-or-treating behind us and Thanksgiving approaching it’s time to take a look at this list and see what needs to be done before there’s a change in the weather. Most of these eight items deal with preparing for cold weather by plugging up leaks and making sure you have supplies you’ll need on hand.
Take a look and see if your home needs attention this month and get a jump on the season. And if you’re budgeting for a home improvement project in the future visit us at www.diyornot.com to find cost information and compare how much it costs to do it yourself vs. hire a contractor.
- Replace filters in heating system and humidifier
- Clean carpeting, upholstered furniture and draperies
- Plug air leaks in siding or foundation with spray foam insulation
- Install heat tape or pipe insulation around pipes near northern exposure
- Insulate crawlspace walls
- Inspect exterior lights and outlets
- Mark driveway with stakes for snow
- Tune up snow shovel and snowblower